Education and Harvest Host
Group Tours and Visits
We love to host group visits! To set up a group visit and/or tour, call 575.536.3333 and leave a message. We need a 10 day notice as we are presently closed during the week. We DO OPEN for visitors who make arrangements ahead of time. You may also call Marilyn @575.536.9337 or Bill @ 575.536.3092 to arrange a visit.
Harvest Hosts; camping on location
For Harvest Host members, we offer a night or two camping in our parking lot. Electric hookup is available for a fee. Check on your Harvest Host website to make reservations.
School Field Trips - We love them!
school_programs_request_form.docx or phone 575.536.9337 Marilyn Markel
INFORMATION FOR TEACHERS ON FIELD TRIPS
Educational field trips can effectively provide extended instruction and enriched student experiences beyond the regular classroom environment. The Imogen F Wilson Education Foundation and the Grant County Archaeological Society plan student and adult visits to meet the needs of schools and curriculums. Safety is a priority for us.
• Requests for field trips should be made at least 3 weeks in advance.
• We request one adult for every 5 students.
• Most activities are out- of- doors so wear appropriate shoes and clothing including a hat.
• New Mexico COVID mandates will be enforced.
• We divide students into groups to attend centers for activities including a hike to the river.
• Bring water.
• There is plenty of room on the porch for lunch. Sometimes lunch is at the river so bring a garbage sack for waste.
• We have an indoor restroom for females and an outdoor Porta Pot for males unless it is a small group.
• Cameras are allowed.
• The gift shop is available for all visitors. We allow only 5 students inside at a time.
• We are not responsible for lost or broken items.
• Our student field trip programs are free of charge, but donations are always welcomed.