INFORMATION FOR TEACHERS ON FIELD TRIPS
Educational field trips can effectively provide extended instruction and enriched student experiences beyond the regular classroom environment. The Imogen F Wilson Education Foundation and the Grant County Archaeological Society plan student and adult visits to meet the needs of schools and curriculums. Safety is a priority for us.
• Requests for field trips should be made at least 3 weeks in advance.
• We request one adult for every 5 students.
• Most activities are out- of- doors so wear appropriate shoes and clothing including a hat.
• New Mexico COVID mandates will be enforced.
• We divide students into groups to attend centers for activities including a hike to the river.
• Bring water.
• There is plenty of room on the porch for lunch. Sometimes lunch is at the river so bring a garbage sack for waste.
• We have an indoor restroom for females and an outdoor Porta Pot for males unless it is a small group.
• Cameras are allowed.
• The gift shop is available for all visitors. We allow only 4 students in at a time.
• We are not responsible for lost or broken items.
• Our student field trip programs are free of charge, but donations are always welcomed.